Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Cornbread Stuffing

I absolutely LOVE my mom's cornbread stuffing. This recipe is not exact -- or even close to it. I want to write this down so I have it on my blog, but it may be difficult to follow. This is how my mom gave it to me though!

Mom's Cornbread Stuffing

3/4ths pan of cornbread (Mom's cornbread is not sweet, and she makes it in a 10 inch cast iron skillet)
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onion
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
8 slices of toasted white bread, broken into bite-size pieces
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
sage, to taste
Turkey Broth, enough to saturate the cornbread mixture

Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes in a sprayed casserole dish, covered.

(I called Mom while typing this and she helped me be more exact with the recipe...you should have seen it before that!)

No comments: