Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Carrot Casseroles

I'm not a big fan of cooked carrots, however I have had a couple of recipes that I think are really good. These are good dishes to take to family or church gatherings.

They are not healthy...except for the carrots! ;o)

Sweet Carrot Casserole

2 lbs carrots
1 stick butter
1 lb Velveeta
Frosted Flakes

Peel and slice carrots. Cook until barely tender. Drain and place in casserole dish. Cut up cheese and butter -- melt together. Pour mixture over carrots. Top with a layer of Frosted Flakes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Carrot Casserole (given to me by brother's wife, Jan)

1 medium onion, diced
4 to 5 cups diced carrots
3 stalks celery, diced
1 stick butter
1 cup Velveeta
1 sleeve Ritz type crackers

Boil carrots, celery, and onion for 5 minutes. Drain veggies. While vegetables are cooking, combine and melt butter and Velveeta. Add veggies to butter/cheese mixture. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle crushed Ritz crackers on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, uncovered.

No comments: