Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Zucchini Bread (Paula Deen's recipe)

This was my first time making this recipe and it turned out very yummy. It is NOT low fat or low sugar, so beware! I had trouble with one loaf sticking to the pan, so be sure and spray your pan well! This recipe makes two loaves.

3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used freshly ground Spelt flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar (I used Sucanat with Honey) **next time I will use 2 cups sugar instead of 3**
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. **I checked after 45 minutes and they were done**

2 comments:

Christy said...

You have incredible recipes here. I am excited to try this bread tomorrow. Thanks!

VaQueenBee said...

Thanks, Christy! I made it per the recipe the first time and it was delicious. It had so much sugar in it that this time I cut back to two cups. I also used 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil. It was still good, but it was better with the original recipe. Let me know how you like it!