Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Tuna Casserole

I found this recipe in my mom's quilter's cookbook. I've never found a tuna casserole that I really *love*...I hope this one is it!

4 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 1/2 oz can tuna, undrained
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz egg noodles (I'm going to use elbow macaroni)
1/2 cup bread crumbs

IN large skillet saute onion and celery with 2 tbsp margarine. Add flaked tuna with liquid, milk, mayonnaise and cream of mushroom soup and heat through.

COOK noodles according to package directions. Drain.

MIX noodles with everything else and pour into a well greased 2-quart baking dish.

MELT remaining 2 tbsp margarine. Toss bread crumbs in margarine and arrange over other ingredients.

BAKE at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.

Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments: