Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Oriental Salad

4 chicken breasts (cooked) -- I only put chicken in if I want this to be the entire meal. If I only want it as a side dish, I omit the chicken.

1 package of cole slaw mix
1 package of broccoli slaw mix
Green Onions (to taste)
3 packages chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup oil (vegetable or corn)
3 Tablespoons soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1 Tablespoon pepper
2 Tablespoons white vinegar

Toast dry noodles, crunched up, along with almonds and seeds for 5 minutes in a pan. (to keep crisp)

Mix sugar, oil, dry flavor packets, soy sauce, pepper and vinegar in a bowl.

Mix cooked chicken, slaw, noodle mix and onion in a large bowl. Pour oil mixture over top. Stir and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

***** Note: After making this, I've decided that I will only add in about half of the Ramen noodle/nut mixture and I will save the rest to put on when we eat. That way we will have a crunch. This is such a delicious meal!*****

No comments: