Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Vietnamese Fried Rice

When I find a recipe online, I like to give that person credit for it. This time, however, I cannot remember where I found it. I'm sorry about that, and if I remember it later, I'll post it. I did make a few changes to the original recipe.

2 cups brown basmati rice
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2 tsp minced garlic
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp La Choy Lite Soy Sauce (or more to taste)
1 cup frozen vegetables (I like the green bean, corn, peas, etc. mixture)
2 eggs, beaten

Cook rice and set aside. In a hot skillet saute the ground beef in olive oil. Add some soy sauce, if desired. When meat is done, remove from skillet and add garlic, onion, pepper, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir fry until onion is cooked through. Stir in the beaten eggs and stir fry until eggs are cooked. They will not look like scrambled eggs that you would eat for breakfast. Add the ground beef back into the skillet along with the cooked rice. Add more soy sauce, if desired.

**I also throw on some chow mein noodles when I serve it**

1 comment:

down comforter said...

Sounds nice, will try! Thanks for sharing