Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oven-Fried Fish

I found this recipe in a Quilter's cookbook that my mom has. It sounds nice and easy on these hot summer days!

1 lb skinless, boneless lean fish (I like to use Tilapia)
4 tsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp plain or seasoned bread crumbs (I purchased plain and I'll add my own seasonings)
salt, pepper, paprika and parsley to taste (I'll probably throw in some dill)

1. Choose thin fillets and cut into four pieces (I buy my Tilapia prepackaged, so I'll take out enough fish for my family)

2. Mix oil and lemon juice in shallow plate. Mix crumbs and dry seasonings on separate plate.

3. Turn fillets lightly in oil mixture, then press into crumb mixture until lightly coated. Arrange fillets on greased baking sheet. (I like to cover my baking sheet with aluminum foil and then spray that.)

4. Bake on center rack at 450 to 500 degrees for 6 to 10 minutes, until fish is cooked through and coating is crisp.

No comments: