Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Two Week Meal Plan

What has always worked best for me is meal planning.  I used to plan up to a month at a time and then shop for everything that was non-perishable, and then shop weekly for the perishable items for that week.  It worked well, but I got away from it due to the amount of time it took. A couple of nights ago, my daughter, Beth, and I sat down and chose meals that we want to eat over the next two weeks.  I don't have recipes for all of them right now, but for those that I do have, I will link.

We won't eat these in any particular order...I still like a bit of spontaneity to our suppers...but I can just look at the list each day and choose a meal.

Salad -- we all like salads, so I think we'll probably eat a salad each week.  We always have spinach on hand and right now we also have romaine lettuce.  We have cucumbers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and I usually cook some chicken to throw on top.

Salmon, Ribbon Salad (just some thinly sliced veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber, and carrots in a marinade), brown basmati rice.

Chicken Fajitas (just chicken breast cut into strips, sliced onions, sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms sauteed in a little olive oil with spices added - chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt) and refried beans.

Easy Jambalaya


Curried Cabbage with Chicken


Portabello Mushrooms Burgers (I marinate the mushrooms in Italian dressing and then grill and I use my whole wheat buns), steamed green beans (fresh from the garden!) and Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil 


Grilled Chicken (marinated in Italian dressing), brown basmati rice, green beans


Cauliflower Pizza -- Beth found this on Pinterest and wanted to try it.

Layered Mediterranean Tortellini Salad - This one wouldn't be considered "real food" but it does look good and relatively healthy (and Beth wants to try it!  :)

Omelettes (we have chickens, so the eggs are really good!), turkey bacon and fruit


Baked Chicken Tenders, sweet potato fries (fresh sweet potatoes sliced and baked in the oven), vegetable (not sure which one yet)

Well, that's not quite two weeks worth, but I'm sure we'll have leftovers a time or two, and we also have frozen tilapia in the freezer.

I'll post later about a couple of snacks I've tried this week.





1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds good. When do we eat? :)