Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Real Food

I've been reading a lot of "real food" food blogs lately and I'm intrigued.  I'm in my mid-40's, overweight, and tired of trying diets.  My body is crying out for healthier food, and I don't mean diet food.  My first step to eating healthier was when I started grinding my own wheat and baking all our bread about four years ago.  This was a great move!  My family loves the bread and actually craves it when we have to eat store bought bread. About the same time we started eating brown rice (specifically brown basmati) and whole rolled oats.  We just recently switched from skim milk to organic 2% or whole milk.

So, I thought I'd start working on this blog again, but this time I want to focus on healthier meals.  I know all the foods we eat are not considered "real foods" but that's the direction I'm moving in.  I hope you enjoy this journey with me!


No comments: