LAYERED MEDITERRANEAN TORTELLINI SALAD
Okay, these pictures do not do this justice! Beth found this salad on Pinterest (where else?) and it is a keeper! We all loved it and there were no leftovers! :(
I love the red of the tomatoes, the green of the basil, the purple of the onion, and the black olives! So pretty!
So, here's the recipe so you can try the wonderfulness!
- 1 package (18 oz) Cheese Tortellini (or use two different kinds)
- 6 tablespoons bottled light Greek or Italian dressing,divided
- 2 cups whole cherry or pear tomatoes, cut in half (I diced fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 can (13.75 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and quartered (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted whole ripe olives, drained (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) Parmesan Cheese
Prepare pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water then drain well. Place half of the tortellini in one bowl and the remainder in another bowl. Add 2 tablespoons salad dressing to each bowl; toss gently to coat.
PLACE tomatoes in large glass serving bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Top with half of the tortellini, all the feta cheese, all red onion and all the basil; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Top with remaining tortellini, cucumbers, artichokes and olives. Cover; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Season with pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.