Welcome to my kitchen! Sit right down and join me for something yummy!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bean and Kielbasa Soup

It was cold out yesterday...definitely a day for soup. I had beans and turkey kielbasa on hand, so I came up with this soup. It was a winner with my family, so I thought I'd share it here! You can substitute your favorite beans for the ones I use, or keep it the same.

Bean and Kielbasa Soup

14 oz Turkey Polska Kielbasa (slice down the middle lengthwise, and then cut into small bites)
2 - 15.5 oz can Great Northern Beans (do not drain)
2 - 15 oz can Chili Beans (do not drain)
2 - 15.5 oz can Chick Peans, drained and rinsed
2 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 - 4 oz can green chiles, diced
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chicken broth (or enough to reach desired consistency)
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
dash of cinnamon
dash of worcestershire sauce

Combine all of the above ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so trying it - just one question...how many servings did this make?

VaQueenBee said...

Amy, I don't know exactly how many servings, but it made a large crockpot full. There were 4 of us and Neal probably ate about 3 servings or more himself, Beth ate two cereal bowls full, and Ben and I ate one cereal bowl full each. We only ate about half of the soup in the crockpot.

Let me know how you like it!

Beth said...

dude! this soup is sooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)